Mr. Sunil K. Alagh a graduate from St Xavier’s College – Calcutta and a postgraduate in Marketing from The Indian Institute of Management(IIM) Calcutta, has rich experience in marketing and brand building strategies. During his tenure as MD, Britannia figured in the Forbes List of 300 Best Companies in the World in 1999, 2000 and 2002. It also became the most trusted Food Brand in India in 2002.
- Non Executive Director- United Breweries Ltd. (JV of Heineken and Mallya Group)
- Non Executive Director – Gati Ltd.
- Chairman of SKA Advisors Pvt. Ltd.
- Member of Board of Governors of Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
- Member of Governing Board of the Indian Music Group of St Xavier’s College – Mumbai
- Member of the Advisory Board of Jawaharlal Darda Institute of Engineering & Technology, Yavatmal.
- Former Managing Director & CEO – Britannia Industries Ltd.
- Former President – The Federation of Biscuit Manufactures of India
- Former President – The Bangalore Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Former President – All India Management Association – Delhi
- Former Member of the Board of Governors of Indian Institute of Management, Indore
- Former Member of the Governing Council of the National Institute of Design Ahmedabad.
- Former Member of the Board of IL & FS Investmart Ltd.
- Former Member of the Indian Advisory Board of Schindler Management Ltd, Switzerland
Hall Of Fame
- Gold Medal – Kashalkar Memorial Award – 2000 (Outstanding contribution to Food Processing Industry In India)
- Finalist – Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the year Award 2002.