Independent Director – Indofil Industries Ltd.
Mr. S. Lakshminarayanan has more than 36 long years of service in the Indian Government. He holds master’s degree in Science in Chemistry and post graduate diploma from University of Manchester (U.K.) in Advanced Social & Economic Studies. Mr. Lakshminarayanan is a member of the Indian Administrative Service (IAS-retired) and as such held several senior positions in the Ministry of Home Affairs, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting of the Government of India and in the Department of Tourism, Culture and Public Relations, Department of Mines, Mineral Resources, Revenue and Relief and Rehabilitation of the Government of Madhya Pradesh.His last assignment with the Government was Secretary in the Union Ministry of Home Affairs. During his tenure with the Government of India, he had travelled extensively all over the world. He has served as Vice Chairman in UNESCO’s Communication Development Program in Paris, for 5 years. He was also awarded the Honorary of Doctorate Degree by Forode Federaciones, Mexico in March 2008,
Presently, Mr. Lakshminarayanan is holding the following positions:-
- Independent Director in the Shriram Transport Finance Co. Ltd.’s Board of Directors, which is the largest Non-Banking Financial Company in India.
- Independent Director in the Shriram Life Insurance Co. Ltd.’s Board of Directors
- Chairman Shriram Automall Ltd.
- Board of Trustees of Lilavati Hospital and Research Centre, Mumbai, which is one of the best Hospitals in India.
- In the Advisory Board of Hughes Communication India Ltd., which is an American Multinational
- In the Advisory Board of NXP Semiconductors Pvt. Ltd., which is an Austria based Chip manufacturing Multinational
- Director – Corporate Affairs, SUN Group
- Chairman, ELCOM Group