Exe. Vice President, People Strategy, Indofil
Mumbai, India | People Strategy
Previous – Greaves Cotton, National Organic Chemical Industries Limited, Indian Oil Corporation Limited, HLL and PepsiCo
Education – Mumbai University, India
With more than 30 years of experience in the human resources field, Mr. Deolekar is of the opinion that business targets cannot be achieved without continuously investing in people. He believes it is critical to align individuals, teams and management to the overarching ambition of the organization. Once this is achieved, a common goal can be reached. A firm believer in two-way communication, training, talent identification and development, Mr. Deolekar puts into practice, the belief that people are, indeed, a company’s most valuable asset. At Indofil, Mr. Deolekar, is a key member of the CEO task force committed to make the company innovation and people focused.
Prior to joining Indofil in 2009, Mr. Deolekar held several senior positions in premier companies including Greaves Cotton, National Organic Chemical Industries Limited, Indian Organic Chemicals Limited, HLL and PepsiCo. During his tenure, he has led several special initiatives, including designing and developing of a sales academy and plant academy. He has also lead talent integration during Mergers & Acquisitions and has successful track record of efficiently navigating contensious execution of voluntary retirement schemes, strikes and plant level disputes. A believer in dialogue and arbitration, he has to his credit nearly 130 cases settled out of court.
In addition to the breadth and depth of wide corporate experience, Mr. Deolekar has a passion for teaching and mentoring young talent. He is an alumni and visiting faculty of Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad and a visiting faculty of Management institutes such as Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak, Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Maharashtra Institute of Labour Studies. In addition, he has been guiding prospective students on national level competition between All India Management Institutes, conducted by the Bombay Chamber of Commerce.
Led the PS Team towards making Indofil Industries Limited rank 5th in – BEST IN THE INDUSTRY – GREAT PLACE TO WORK and 71st in TOP 100. This achievement is a feather in his Cap.
- Member of the Doctoral Advisory Committee of Tata Institute of Social Sciences
- Member of Panel of Indian Institute of Management, Rohtak’s Management Conclave
- Member of Board, Mumbai University
- Member Board of Advisors, Indian Institute of Management, Ranchi
- Member of the Task Force Committee of Employers Federation of India and Ex– Managing Committee of National Institute of Personnel Management.
- Published ‘Indian Journal of Industrial Relations’ on January 2010. The book covers the full case study of the Pepsico Naroda Plant and how he reversed the mind-set of the workers during the time of close down of the Plant
- Authored a widely read publication titled “The Strategic Competency Management – Indian perspective”.
- Postgraduate in Human Resources and holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from Mumbai University
- Awarded the Merit Scholarship by Mumbai University
- Diploma in Training and Development from Indian Society for Training and Development. Dr. Deolekar has a Doctorate in Competency Management, Mumbai University.