The first plant of Indofil at Thane, Maharashtra state commissioned in 1962 continue to produce various fungicides including Mancozeb, Zineb, Maneb, Cymoxanil, Tricyclazole, Myclobutanil, Metalaxyl, Dodine and Propergite,.
Indofil expanded its manufacturing facilities in Gujarat state by adding Mancozeb mixtures and new fungicide molecules by commissioning 2 manufacturing plants at Dahej, SEZ (Special Economic Zone, ranked among the top 10 SEZs in the world by Financial Times, London) and 1 manufacturing unit at Dahej, GIDC location.
The increased production capacity has helped Indofil in reducing the process cost.
Thane and Dahej Unit 1 are certified by DNV for ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 systems.
The new plant in Dahej, GIDC is another landmark in Indofil’s journey towards manufacturing excellence, quality and efficiency. As the part of sustainability initiatives, Indofil has implemented the state of art ZERO LIQUID DISCHARGE (ZLD) facilities at manufacturing Unit 2 and 3.
Joint Venture with Hisun (HIFIL): The objective of the Indofil and Hisun Joint Venture is to register exclusive imports of agriculture chemicals and to distribute formulations. The data generation for registration is in progress.
Joint Venture with Shanghai Baijin Chemical Group Co. Ltd. (SBC), China: As part of the backward integration strategy, Indofil entered into a Joint Venture agreement with Shanghai Baijin Chemical Group Co. Ltd. (SBC) to manufacture Carbon-Di- Sulphide (CS2). The company holds 51% of the equity in the joint venture, which would help Indofil to cut down the import of CS2 completely.
- Located at Dahej SEZ
- India’s first green technology plant which would not use Charcoal (produced from wood)
- To manufacture 50,000 MT / annum of CS2
- Expected to save around 1,000 kgs of wood per ton of CS2 produced
- Expected to reduce deforestation by 58 sq. kms. per annum
- The technology & know – how supplier for this plant shall be SBC
- There is no chemically contaminated waste water discharge from this plant
- The outlet gases contain less than 3 kgs/ton of SRU feed
- Signed a purchase agreement for 15 years for securing 50% of the plant™ production. Rest of the production to be sold to fibre, rubber and agriculture chemical units
- Natural Gas would be supplied by GSPC (Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation)
- Sulphur would be supplied by Indian Oil Refinery, Vadodara
Director – Manufacturing, Operations, EHS & SPCD